Watch out Wednesday, I like daisies and dark chocolate.

I don't know why so many of my pictures from past posts are missing. My apologies. If I figure it out, I'll edit them so you can go back and review my awesomeness whenever. Until then, just pretend I have a fetish with subtraction?

__________________________________________________________________________
 Caught in the Act

R4G starts tonight, and in light of that, let's head back to Acts for our next lesson.

This is a good lesson for today, since President Obama is in my little town. Right now he is about 1.5 miles from me, speaking to an invited 'public' group about economic impact, government involvement in the growth of small communities, and I'm sure a bunch of other things I have no information on. Whether or not we agree with him, whether or not we support him, he is in a position of influence. His policies influence us directly (our laws) and indirectly (international relations). We don't have to agree with what happens, but burying our heads in the sand will only result in our own demise. Paul didn't back down from opposition, and neither should we. That being said, we should also consider this way of thinking in respect to our politicians, mainly those in the most dangerous of positions.

For the Christian, the believer, the follower, the 'little guy':   

28 Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.29 I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; 30 and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them. 31 Therefore be alert... Acts 20: 28-31a

For the politician representing us:


24 But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. 25 And now, behold, I know that none of you among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom will see my face again. 26 Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all, 27 for I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God.

 What does this mean? My heart says that we have always been under attack, but we can take comfort knowing that God has ALWAYS KNOWN we were under attack. If Paul knew it then, and warned the 1st century Christians, why should we feel as though we are alone or unequipped to go into battle? God is with us, always.

For those that lead us, this means that you are responsible for teaching us the truth, and guiding us in the right direction. Only then are you free of the responsibility, regardless of our personal behavior choice. You have a higher authority to answer to, and you'd better be sure you're doing what is expected of you.

Be kind. Be respectful. Be truthful. Be faithful. Be a follower and teacher of Christ.
_________________________________________________________________________

Some days I just want to tell everyone to get me daisies and chocolate and tell me I'm pretty. That way I'll at least feel appreciated in some way. I don't complain publicly, or really privately, about my daily stresses. Just know that they exist, they are many in quantity, and they are not fun. That's why I have the friend I can vent to, the one person that can hold my hand and calm me, the miles beneath my feet to clear my head, and a God that lets me know it's not that bad after all.

....and daisies and dark chocolate.
_________________________________________________________________________


 
I ran last night in a feeble attempt to prepare for R4G. Here I am before and after. I think I ran 2 miles? We won't talk about it.

Before, during, and after. It was 99 degrees out, and 146% humidity. Gross.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Dam 5k

Race Recap

Boomer Sooner and the lame mile